Warhammer 40k forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

order of the spoon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section

Go down 
+3
Wardragoon
Grey Templar
Purplefood
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Purplefood

Purplefood

Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section Empty
PostSubject: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:42 pm

This is for all the wargear for the Ordo Xenos Codex.

Traits:
Angels of Blood: Gives Furious Charge USR to all Deathwatch units-30 points
Wolves of Russ: Gives counter-attack USR to all Deathwatch units-25 points
Talons of the Raven: Gives fleet (Or infiltrate?) to all Deathwatch units-25 points (Same if it's infiltrate)
Fist of the Emperor: Gains +1 to any cover save up to a maximum of 2+ (Or just the Stubborn USR?) 20 points (25 if it's stubborn)
Hands of Iron: Gains a 6+ invulnerable save 15 points
Outriders: All Deathwatch units gain the Outflank rule 30 points
Hunters of the Unforgiven: All Deathwatch unit may for 1 player turn count their weapons as twin-linked (should it be permanent?) 20 points
Fire of Vulkan: Devestator squads may take the Heavy Flamer for the price listed (Maybe 15 points each for the Heavy Flamers?) 25 points
Quick shot: When any Deathwatch unit is charged each model may make a single shooting attack using the standard boltgun profile (If the unit does not have a boltgun the attack is made using bolt pistols at the standard profile)

Wargear:
Hellfire rounds-Wound on a 2+
Stalker Silenced Shells: Change the bolgun profile to 30", Str4, Ap5, Rapid fire, Pinning.
Metal Storm Frag Shells:Range 24", Str3, Ap6, Rapid fire, Blast.
Tempest bolts: 24", Str4, Ap5, Assault 2, EMP*
*EMP: Tempest Bolts incorporate tiny plasma shock generators that emit electromagnetic and thermal radiation when the shell detonates. when rolling to damage vehicles, Tempest Bolts will cause a Glancing hit on a roll of 2+, a roll of 6 counts as being made at Ap1.

Last edited by Purplefood on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:04 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grey Templar

Grey Templar

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Wargear options for Deathwatch squads.

Special Ammo.

Hellfire rounds: all Deathwatch squads come with Hellfire rounds standard, their Bolters use the following profile 24", Strx, Ap5, Rapid fire, Poison(2+) and their Bolt Pistols the following, 12", Strx, Ap5, Pistol, poison(2+)

Deathwatch Terminators switch the profile of their Stormbolters to 24", Strx, Ap5, Assault 2, Poison(2+)

a Deathwatch tactical squad may replace their bolter's Hellfire rounds with Stalker Silenced Shells for free. Stalker rounds use the following profile: 30", Str4, Ap5, Rapid fire, Pinning.

a Deathwatch tactical squad may purchase Metal Storm Frag Shells for 10 points per member. the squad may choose to fire their Metal Storm Frag Shells instead of using their Hellfire rounds. Metal Storm Frag Shells are fired at the following profile. Range 24", Str3, Ap6, Rapid fire, Blast.

one Deathwatch Terminator squad per army may replace their Hellfire rounds with Tempest Bolts. Tempest Bolts use the following profile, 24", Str4, Ap5, Assault 2, EMP*

*EMP: Tempest Bolts incorporate tiny plasma shock generators that emit electromagnetic and thermal radiation when the shell detonates. when rolling to damage vehicles, Tempest Bolts will cause a Glancing hit on a roll of 2+, a roll of 6 counts as being made at Ap1.

Special Rules: all Deathwatch Tactical and Terminator squads have the Preferred enemy special rule against all forces from the following codexs: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Orks, T'au, Necrons, and Tyranids.
Back to top Go down
Wardragoon

Wardragoon

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:17 pm

personally I would throw Land raiders as Dedicated transports(like they are for BA) another thing to keep in mind is that Ordo Xenos does not follow the Codex astartes as in there are space wolves in their ranks
Back to top Go down
Grey Templar

Grey Templar

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:08 pm

I don't know if the Ordo has access to Land Raiders..

the Emperor decreed that all Land Raiders were to be turned over to Astartes for their use at the beginning of the Great Crusade. that would prohibit the Inquisition from having any of their own and no chapter would give such a valuable vehicle to the Deathwatch.

I have problems with Inquisitors getting DT Land Raiders Mad

What does having a Space Wolf in the Deathwatch have to do with the Codex Astartes?

I do think it would be interesting to have some rules for the different chapters represented in a squad. maybe something like this,

any number of a Deathwatch squads members may be upgraded to be a member of a specific chapter at the indicated cost.

Space Wolf(10 points each): while the Space Wolf member is still alive, the entire squad counts as having the Acute Senses special rule, his ability to detect danger benifits the entire squad. a Space Wolf Deathwatch member has a CCW in addition to his Bolter and Bolt pistol. If he is a Terminator, instead he may purchase a Frost Blade(+1 Str, power weapon) for 10 points.

Blood Angel(5 points each): a Blood Angel Deathwatch marine has the Furious Charge special rule and is armed with a CCW in addition to his bolter and Bolt pistol.

Deathwatch Tactical squad : 125 pts

WS---BS---S---T---W---I---A---Ld
-4------4----4---4----1---4----1----9

size: 5 marines

Equipment: Bolter(loaded with Hellfire rounds), Bolt Pistol(loaded with Hellfire rounds), Frag & Krak grenades, Power Armor.

Special Rules: ATSKNF, Combat squads, Preferred Enemy(all Xenos)

Options: add up to 5 additional marines at 25 points apiece

up to 2 squad members may replace their Bolters with 1 of the following weapons
-Flamer(free)
-Stormbolter loaded with Hellfire rounds(Poison(2+)(5 pts)
-Melta gun(5 pts)
-Plasma gun(10 points)
-Heavy Bolter(free)- if taken it may be given Suspensors for 10 points. Suspensors give the bearer of the weapon the Relentless special rule. The Heavy Bolter may be loaded with Hellfire shells for 5 pts*
-Multi-melta(free)
-Missile launcher(free)
-Plasma cannon(5 pts)
-Lascannon(10 pts)

*Hellfire Shells, 36", Strx, Ap5, heavy 1, Blast, Poison(2+)

any squad member may swap his bolter for a chainsword for free.

1 squad member may swap his bolter and/or bolt pistol for one of the following weapons.
-Power Weapon or Lightining claw(15 pts)
-Power fist(25 pts)
-Plasma pistol(15 pts)
-Combi-flamer,Melta,plasma(5 pts)

the Squad may take Melta Bombs(5 points per model)

the Squad may take Blind Grenades(5 points per model) Blind Grenades are defensive grenades.

any number of a Deathwatch squads members may be upgraded to be a member of a specific chapter at the indicated cost.

Space Wolf(10 points each): while the Space Wolf member is still alive, the entire squad counts as having the Acute Senses special rule, his ability to detect danger benifits the entire squad. a Space Wolf Deathwatch member has a CCW in addition to his Bolter and Bolt pistol. If he is a Terminator, instead he may purchase a Frost Blade(+1 Str, power weapon) for 10 points.

Blood Angel(5 points each): a Blood Angel Deathwatch marine has the Furious Charge special rule and is armed with a CCW in addition to his bolter and Bolt pistol.

Deathwatch Terminators: 225 pts

WS---BS---S---T---W---I---A---Ld
-4------4----4---4----1---4---2----9

Size: 5 terminators

Wargear: Stormbolter(loaded with hellfire rounds), Power Fist, Terminator armor.

Special Rules: ATSKNF, Combat squads, Preferred enemy(all Xenos)

Options: may have up to 5 additional Terminators(45 pts each)

any terminator may swap his Stormbolter and Power fist for either, a Thunder Hammer and a Storm Shield, or a pair of Lightining claws.

for every 5 members a terminator may take either a Clyclone Missile launcher(30 pts) or he may swap his Stormbolter for either an Assault Cannon(30 pts) or a heavy flamer(5 pts)

one Deathwatch Terminator squad per army may replace their Stormbolter's Hellfire rounds with Tempest Bolts. Tempest Bolts use the following profile, 24", Str4, Ap5, Assault 2, EMP*

any member of the squad may be a,

Space Wolf(5 pts): while the Space Wolf member is still alive, the entire squad counts as having the Acute Senses special rule, his ability to detect danger benifits the entire squad. he may swap his Power Fist or Thunder hammer for a Frost Blade(+1 Str, power weapon) for 10 points.

Blood Angel(5 pts) the Blood Angel member has the Furious Charge special rule.
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Mind if I help out? I haven't worked on one before though, but I'd like to give it a shot.

I'm thinking they could get their own rule rather than just Preferred Enemy. Maybe something like what the Celestians have (which from what I've heard is the old Preferred Enemy I think) where they hit all Xenos on a 3+, but this extends to a 4+ if it would normally be a 5+ in order to show their specific training.

I also think they'd have a fair amount of experience with boarding actions as well, so maybe something to reflect that.

I'm not sure about the specific chapter rules though, maybe give them a trait system in order to reflect it or something on a more army wide level instead of a squad one.
Back to top Go down
Purplefood

Purplefood

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:10 am

I think traits would work better tbh. They would be easier to apply. Maybe take a trait for a points cost that
Back to top Go down
Wardragoon

Wardragoon

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:31 am

Maybe have an HQ option that allows use of certain units(e.g. no death company from BA but assault troops etc.)
Back to top Go down
Purplefood

Purplefood

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:50 am

Maybe the Captain can take traits that relate to different chapters?
These traits basically reflect his influence on the unit.and other Deathwatch forces.

Deathwatch Captain may take 1 of the following traits for ht epoints cost listed:

Angels of Blood: Gives Furious Charge USR to all Deathwatch units-30 points
Wolves of Russ: Gives counter-attack USR to all Deathwatch units-25 points
Talons of the Raven: Gives fleet (Or infiltrate?) to all Deathwatch units-25 points (Same if it's infiltrate)
Fist of the Emperor: Gains +1 to any cover save up to a maximum of 2+ (Or just the Stubborn USR?) 20 points (25 if it's stubborn)
Hands of Iron: Gains a 6+ invulnerable save 15 points
Outriders: All Deathwatch units gain the Outflank rule 30 points
Hunters of the Unforgiven: All Deathwatch unit may for 1 player turn count their weapons as twin-linked (should it be permanent?) 20 points
Fire of Vulkan: Devestator squads may take the Heavy Flamer for the price listed (Maybe 15 points each for the Heavy Flamers?) 25 points

Last edited by Purplefood on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Devastator

Devastator

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:16 am

in deathwatch rpg DA is better at shooting than the rest
give DA marines one re-roll to hit/TL when shooting?
Back to top Go down
http://commorragh.proboards.com/index.cgi
Purplefood

Purplefood

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:17 am

Devastator wrote:
in deathwatch rpg DA is better at shooting than the rest
give DA marines one re-roll to hit/TL when shooting?
Thanks for that i'll change it now
Back to top Go down
Purplefood

Purplefood

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:57 am

What about things like:
Targetting arrays-5 points per model, one use, when used the unit acts as BS5 until the end of the owning players shooting phase
Surpressors-5 points per model, force enemy unit to re-roll cover saves
Stripped down-5 points, changes boltgun profile to :
Range:18"
S:4
Ap:5
Assault 1
Shield breakers-15 points per model, targetted enemy must re-roll all invulnerable saves taken against wounds from this unit in shooting
Enhanced chemical mix-10 points, Any flame template weapons count as twin-linked(Combi-flamer, flamer, heavy flamer)
Prototype containment chambers-10 points per model, any Gets Hot! Rolls may be re-rolled
Last resort-20 points, the squad leader (Highest Ld) must be the last model removed from the squad. When he is removed roll a D6 on a 4+ place a large blast template over the squad leader. Every unit under the template (Including the ones in CC) take a S:8 Ap:4 hit (Vehicles are hit on their side armour)
Locator beacon: Any deepstriking unit that is deepstriking within 6" does not roll to scatter.
Any of them any good?
Any more?

Last edited by Purplefood on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:59 am

I think the Shield Breakers might need a little bit of a rework. It just seems a bit too strong at the moment. Maybe increase it to 15 points and make it a once per turn thing if it's not going to be specific to shooting or assault.

As for the Teleport Homer, it's got the rules for the Locator Beacon so might as well be the Locator Beacon instead.

Also got an idea for a trait.
Counter Shot: Allows each model in a unit to make a single shot with either a Boltgun or Bolt Pistol (if equipped with one) when charged in assault. This attack may only be used once per phase for each unit and uses the standard bolt ammunition (S4 AP5). 20 Points.
Back to top Go down
Purplefood

Purplefood

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:01 am

It was meant to be just in shooting not assault as well.
Also any chapter you want to attribute the new trait to?
Back to top Go down
shrike

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:33 am

step 1- make an article system.
step 2- put the WIP codex in an article.

Raven guard ones should get infiltrate or hit & run.

I say:
Squad leaders, depending on which chapter they're from, give the unit different skills and tactics.
Each squad (astartes only) may choose one of the following bonuses to give to the squad. If a IC/SC model joins the unit, the bonus of the IC/SC is used, not the previous squad leader.
Space wolves- furious charge
Blood angels- fleet?
black templars- ???
dark angels- twin-linked weapons
raven guard- infiltrate/stealth
imperial fists- fearless
Iron hands- ???
ultrasmirfs- ???
white scars- counter-attack
crimson fists- ???
salamanders- ???
ect.

IC's have:
Space wolves- furious charge and fleet
Blood angels- fleet and furios charge
black templars- ??? and ???
dark angels- TL weapons and stubborn
raven guard- infiltrate and hit & run
imperial fists- fearless and ???
Iron hands- ???
ultrasmirfs- ???
white scars- counter-attack and hit & run
crimson fists- ???
salamanders- ???

feel free to add/take away/ignore this, but I think it'll work.
These guys should be about 10pts more than regular SM per unit.
Back to top Go down
HAv0k
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:25 pm

What about allies?
Back to top Go down
https://wh40k.forumotion.com
Iustis

Iustis

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:40 am

Pretty much a copy of the ally rules in either C:DH or C:WH should be good enough with updated unit names to fit in with the newer codices.
Back to top Go down
shrike

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:46 am

GW's got rid of allies in GK, so I think we'd just better list off a load of typical common marine units in the codex, with the appropriate SR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section   Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Codex Ordo Xenos:Deathwatch section
Page 1 of 1