Warhammer 40k forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

order of the spoon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Hyena

Mr Hyena

Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours Empty
PostSubject: Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours   Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:38 am

Do NOT post speculation in this thread; use the Wishlist to post what you desire to see in the new codex. Thanks.

Now, with the new codex almost apon us; this is the time when we'll see plenty of rumours about what could be in the new codex. Due to the variety of 'He said; she said' I advise everyone to take anything with a grain of salt. Any rumours heard will be added to this post as people post them.

List of Rumours:

- NFW's. all are Force Weapons and give an Inititive bonus, squads take psychic test collectivly. can be upgraded to Nemisis halbard for +2 Str and no Inititive bonus.
- Stormraven as a Fast Attack choice. only GK specific fast attack choice means it won't have much competition for the slot if you do only GKs.
- a Special rod that give the entire squad a 2+ invuln save. every squad can have it, but it is very expensive at 45-65 points.
- Inquisitors, 25 points naked. Death cultists are now Retinue.
- Deamon hosts are still there. Much cheaper, but still have the same random rules.
- Terminators are Troops.

Last edited by Mr Hyena on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grey Templar

Grey Templar

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours   Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 am

Here is what i have heard from a reliable source.

NFW's. all are Force Weapons and give an Inititive bonus, squads take psychic test collectivly. can be upgraded to Nemisis halbard for +2 Str and no Inititive bonus.

Stormraven as a Fast Attack choice. only GK specific fast attack choice means it won't have much competition for the slot if you do only GKs.

a Special rod that give the entire squad a 2+ invuln save. every squad can have it, but it is very expensive at 45-65 points.

Inquisitors, 25 points naked. Death cultists are now Retinue.

Deamon hosts are still there. Much cheaper, but still have the same random rules.

Terminators are Troops.
Back to top Go down
Mr Hyena

Mr Hyena

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours   Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Interesting. I'm liking the sound of the Death Cultists in the retinue.
Back to top Go down
shrike

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours   Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Wow. I like the sound of force weapons all round and 2++ for 50pts.
I5 force weapons with 3+/2++ is a surefire HQ killer.
Back to top Go down
Grey Templar

Grey Templar

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours   Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:37 am

Back to top Go down
Mr Hyena

Mr Hyena

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours   Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:12 am

Awesome, I totally want one of them for my GKs.
Back to top Go down
Wardragoon

Wardragoon

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours   Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:16 pm

If I were to guess there is an HQ choice that allows terminators as troops(standard SM move there)I wouldn't be surprised if GK troops can teleport as Fast Attack choices
Back to top Go down
Grey Templar

Grey Templar

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours   Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:48 pm

NEW STUFF!!!

Ok, 2+ invuln confirmed for all GK squads. it is more expensive then adding another GK as a deterrent, but i doubt that will stop anyone.

the Dreadknight is confirmed too. it has 2 Powerfists, T and Str7. can swap PFs for 2 heavy weapons.

all GK vehicles have a psychic power that, if passed, will allow them to ignore Stunned and Shaken results. Ld10 for the test.

No Drop Pods.

Personal Teliporters for 5 points. allow movement like Jump infantry and a once per game redeployment 30" from previous position similer to GoI. no scatter. Shocked

No Psyker dreds like the BA codex Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours   Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Codex: Grey Knights - Rumours
Page 1 of 1