Warhammer 40k forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

order of the spoon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New forum name!

Go down 
+2
Mr Hyena
shrike
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shrike

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:15 pm

So "http://wh40k.tk/" doesn't stand out much, so I thought we could do with a new name. My suggested one is Ordo Plenus- the order of the spoon. Very Happy
If it's not popular, I'll ncikname it the ordo plenus anyway. Razz
another suggestion is "Confero 40k mudus"- discuss the 40k universe, or just "Confero mundus"
any more suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Mr Hyena

Mr Hyena

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Hmmm...

Legion of the Codex?
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:26 am

I like the Ordo Plenus one.

Wait when did Shrike become a mod? Laughing
Back to top Go down
shrike

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 am

Iustis wrote:
I like the Ordo Plenus one.

Wait when did Shrike become a mod? Laughing
when I asked to be one, day two of this forum's founding. Very Happy
Ordo plenus has two votes, legion of the codex has one.
Back to top Go down
HAv0k
Admin

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:15 pm

Ordo plenus, can someone make a logo?
Back to top Go down
https://wh40k.forumotion.com
shrike

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:39 pm

I would, but as many dakkaites know I can't post pics.
I suggest a tome with a spoon in the middle, much like the DA symbol.
3 for ordo plenus, 1 for legion of the codex.
Back to top Go down
HAv0k
Admin

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:55 pm

New forum name! 10epr91

hows this? its just a quick roughdraft, the final would be done in photoshop, not paint lol
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:56 pm

It looks alright and there's nothing wrong with paint. Maybe we should all make one and vote on the ones we like the best?
Back to top Go down
HAv0k
Admin

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Iustis wrote:
It looks alright and there's nothing wrong with paint. Maybe we should all make one and vote on the ones we like the best?

yes, please make one(: id be happy to see what you guys can do
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:03 pm

I only have paint and am no good really with making pictures on the computer, but I'll give it a shot. But if people somehow end up liking it someone else would have to fix it up. So mine would be more of a concept picture. Laughing
Back to top Go down
HAv0k
Admin

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:16 pm

May the best artist win
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Got two I managed to do with paint, no banners as I haven't found a text I thought would work with it yet.

New forum name! Ordoplenus

New forum name! Ordoplenus2
Back to top Go down
HAv0k
Admin

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Put the spoon on this
New forum name! Silver-and-black-shield-vector
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Hows this Havok?

New forum name! Silver-and-black-shield-vectorspoon

And the sppon by itself, took a while to get rid of all the background on it.
New forum name! Spoon
Back to top Go down
HAv0k
Admin

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Can u get rid of the two white bars and it will be ourtemporary logo
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:04 am

New forum name! Silver-and-black-shield-vectorspoon2

Here you go. I was wondering about them myself because they were on the one you added it to.

What type of text do you want for it because I can search up some custom ones if you want.
Back to top Go down
HAv0k
Admin

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 am

Something that looks handwritten, can you make the whole border black aswell becaus it is gray nowand wont fit with the black
Back to top Go down
Mukkin'About

Mukkin'About

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:06 am

SPOON!
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:17 am

It had the gradient in the original one you posted. As I have only paint there's not much I can do but erase it slowly with the erase tool so it will take a fair while. Once I've done that I'll post it here then a few with the custom text after it.
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:29 am

K threw on some tunes and found out it needed a fair bit less work than I thought. Laughing

New forum name! Silver-and-black-shield-vectorspoon3
So this one is to see if it's fixed up to fit the site now.

I also think once we're set we should make a small maybe 150x150 one to act a sort of a button in sigs and a banner version as well for the sigs. This would allow it to be added alongside most sigs with no problems.
Then we just add [url = this site][img ]the badge or banner[/ img][/ url] and clicking it would bring them to the site. However this is for sites that support BBcode, for the others we would probably have to modify it for HTML or whatever code they end up using there. The structure will largely remain the same though.
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:57 am

New forum name! Silver-and-black-shield-vectorspoon8
New forum name! Silver-and-black-shield-vectorspoon4
New forum name! Silver-and-black-shield-vectorspoon5

If people like this font I'll probably go back to it and mess around with the size of it.
New forum name! Silver-and-black-shield-vectorspoon6

New forum name! Silver-and-black-shield-vectorspoon7

I'm not really a fan of the first two though, third is probably the best in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mr Hyena

Mr Hyena

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm loving the new name and logo, great job.
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Alright I managed to throw together some "badges" to go with the logo you ended up choosing. These are all 150x150 so will fit in the signatures of most forums, including Dakka (they are currently as large as they can be on that site) which probably makes up the vast majority of the members on this site. There is a proper one which is the same as the current, and two eye catching ones.

New forum name! Silver-and-black-shield-vectorspoonb1

New forum name! Ordoplenusb1

New forum name! Ordoplenusb2

If it's needed I might put up some 100x100s or larger if someone needs a specific size.
Back to top Go down
shrike

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:41 am

cheers It's up! Our beatiful logo is up! Twisted Evil THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY ORDO PLENUS LIFE!!! Razz
BTW how's about putting the official logo in the foreground of that flame pic as a sig?
maybe "member of the ordo plenus" on it, as a sig pic.
Back to top Go down
Iustis

Iustis

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Well that's the smallest that font can go without messing up. I can put it on the fire background though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New forum name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum name!   New forum name! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New forum name!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next